Get Right for Summer: Coffee Scrubs
If you're on Instagram, you've probably come across some fancy coffee scrub. They seem amazing, and I always want them! I must have gotten to the checkout at Frank Body 5 times and given up at the thought of having to wait for it to ship from Australia! If I had just ordered it the first time, I would have owned it each of those other times, but you know... I'm the worst at committing to shipments! I'm now going to reveal to you one of the simplist DIYs of all time.
Coconut oil + coffee grounds... That's it! No really, it's the best moisture refresh for your skin, and it smells so yummy in the morning!
1. Grab a small bowl or ramekin.
2. Scoop 2 spoonfuls of Coconut oil into bowl.
3. Sprinkle coffee grounds over coconut oil. These can be used, it's recycling, but new works too if you don't have used coffee grounds laying around.
4. Take a shower, towards the beginning of your shower scoop out chunks of the mixture with your fingers, making sure to get coffee and coconut in every handful. Then massage this mixture over your body in small sections focusing longer on dry areas.
5. Let this mixture sit on your skin for a few min as you wash your hair, then rinse off with your normal body wash (If I'm really dry, I body wash first, and just rinse with water, but most of the time I find the coconut oil is too thick).
6. Towel dry and enjoy your soft sweet smelling skin!
That's really all there is to it. I know some people who have tried raw sugar instead of coffee and like the results of that too, so experiment. Coconut oil is in so many kitchens now, that you probably have a great scrub hidden in your house, how is that for local??